Having a mole on or around your face can be unsightly and can definitely lower your self-esteem, as well. This is why considering mole removal is definitely worth it to help boost your confidence and allow you to have smooth skin you can love. However, while removing it surgically is the fastest option, it can leave behind a scar. This is why many people choose to remove the mole naturally on their own. Here are five tips to consider when it comes to doing this:
- Visit a Doctor: Before you take any steps to removing a facial mole, it's important that you visit your doctor to check out the mole. This is because moles can sometimes be cancerous and it must be checked to ensure that it is removed surgically by a doctor in order to remove the cancer cells before they spread. You don't want to take any steps before this because when you attempt to remove a cancerous mole on your own, you are likely not actually removing all the cancer cells.
- Prep the Mole: Before you consider any mole removal DIY treatment, it's important that it is a treatment that tells you how to prep the mole first. You can determine whether or not this is the case based on if the treatment plan asks that you treat the mole with an acidic product first. This is going to remove the surface of the skin that is covering the heart of the mole, which is going to make it easier to remove.
- Be Patient: During the treatment process, you must be patient and never pick at the mole in an attempt to remove it more quickly. The problem with this is that it can cause scarring and it can delay the process, as well.
- Keep Out of the Sun: When you are treating the mole, it's important that you keep it out of direct sunlight. Sometimes, the only way that you can do this is to use strong sunscreen or to wear a hat. The problem with exposing it to the sun is that it can slow treatment, as well as potentially cause scarring.
- Talk to Your Doctor if You're Nervous: If you are unable to find a DIY treatment plan that you are comfortable with or you are afraid that you are going to mess up the results, it's best to consult with your doctor at this point. Your doctor, such as at Advanced Dermatology & Skin Cancer Specialists, will likely be able to provide you with a specific treatment plan geared toward your skin type or they may be able to prescribe you some medication that can help speed the process. If you're still unsure, then surgical removal may be best in the end.
When you follow these five tips for DIY mole removal, you can be sure that the process is done as smoothly as possible.Share